LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION CREW MEMBER
Terra Nova Ecological Landscaping is a full service landscape contracting company. We provide regenerative garden design, installation and maintenance services. Our motto is “Unpaving the way since 1988.” Terra Nova was rated Best Landscaper in Santa Cruz in 2019, 2020 and 2021 by Good Times magazine.
We are seeking a new team member to join our installation crew. This employee will help build landscapes and garden related projects like paths and patios, retaining walls, fences, irrigation systems, installing rainwater tanks and greywater systems, planting, and much more. We do not use gas-powered tools or toxic chemicals.
This is a great opportunity for a hardworking individual who wants to learn ecological landscaping from the ground up. They will work under the supervision of the crew leader and project manager.
DAYS/ HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:30-4:30 with paid ½ hour lunch, and two 15 minute breaks.
COMPENSATION: $19-22 hour, DOE
COMMUNICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY: The Installation Crew Member must have their own smart phone to communicate with other employees, and for apps such as T-Sheets.
DESIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES:
• Love working outdoors
• Good character and positive, can-do attitude
• Cooperative, flexible and patient – can “roll with the flow” when necessary
• Communicates personal issues that may affect performance in advance
• Neat appearance and no smoking at job site
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 1 year landscape labor experience
• Clean driving record
• Physically strong and able to lift 50 lbs.
• Punctual, with excellent time management skills
• Detail-oriented, and able to follow directions
DESIRED ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE:
• Drip irrigation experience
• Landscape construction experience
• Experience driving a truck with a trailer
-One week paid vacation
-Paid holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Labor Day and Memorial Day
-Up to 48 hours paid sick leave per year
-$25 monthly stipend for cell phone
-Support for professional development
To apply, send an email to Jillian@terranovalandscaping.com explaining why you are a good fit for the position, and include a resume, plus three business references. Please include your cell phone number and personal email address.