Our Tread Lightly Indiegogo campaign that started Oct. 17th is over at the end if the day today, Dec. 16.
We have raised $2,000.00 so far.
*OUR NEW GOAL is at least $2,000 – To Outfit Two Bike Gardeners for the Road*
Terra Nova is a low-tech business operating a high-tech funding campaign, and it’s a learning curve (yikes!). Clearly $50k was way too high of a goal. However, we have authentically redefined a more modest success for the last 3 weeks of the campaign. We hope you will support us. Our new goal is to raise atleast $2,000 to purchase two custom-made bike trailers, two good bikes, and new signage. This will comfortably outfit a 2-gardener crew as they ride around town making gardens shine without chemicals.
It’s not the fancy comprehensive makeover originally envisioned, BUT it’s the heart of Tread Lightly and it will make a difference to the gardeners who are out there riding around.
The Tread Lightly service was an authentic, profoundly ecological approach to landscape care. Over twenty years the community hailed the service as a symbol of innovation and hope. We are confident that new bikes, custom landscape trailers and the appropriate equipment will ensure that the ‘Tread Lightly’ service gains the success it deserves.
Every donation helps!
We would like to send out a big thank you to…
- Valerie Bengal (for getting us up to $2,000!)
- David Fierstein
- Chris Young and the Monterey Bay Sanctuary Exploration Center
- John Rosenblum
- Lisa McAndrews and the Cabrillo College Horticulture Department
- Josh Fodor, Central Coast Wilds
- Darren Huckle, Roots of Wellness
- Jon Young – author of What the Robin Knows
- Eric Johnson and Traci Hukill of Hilltromper.com
- Tai Moses – author of Zoo Burbia
- Andrew Tuckman and Vision Recycling
- Steve Schnaar and the Santa Cruz Fruit Tree Project
- Darryl ‘Flea’ Virostko
- Ron Swenson
- David Foster
- Jaime and Cheryl Snyder
- Merry Luskin
- The bands – Sama Dams, Cove and the Getaway Dogs
- The Food Bin
- Valerie Valdez
- Catherine Gunderson and the Leaf Blower Task Force
- Joseph Shultz
- Deborah Lindsay