Ecological Landscape Management check list
- How is the soil health over all?
- Over or under watered?
- What % of organic matter is in soil ?
- Are leaves allowed to create natural mulch when possible?
- What type of soil is on site?
- Mycelium inoculation needed?
- What is the health of the Soil Food Web ?
- Jar soil test conducted?
- Is there a need for a soil test?
- Is there sufficient mulch to cover soil?
- Irrigation controller schedule?
- Irrigation efficiency?
- Coverage uniform?
- Hydrozones? Is the irrigation plant appropriate?
- Graywater system in place?
- Rainwater Catchment ?
- Stormwater management?
- Rain Garden?
- Mulch in place to prevent evaporation?
- Has the site had a water/irrigation audit performed?
- How is weed management working?
- Are weeds controlled before going to seed?
- Is sheet mulch being employed?
- Are weeds: hoed, pulled and mulched often enough?
- Non toxic herbicides being used? Vinegar, Burn Out (product), etc.
- Are plants in the right place for sun and shade requirements?
- Is appropriate pruning being employed?
- Irrigation: over or under watering?
- Nutrient deficiencies?
- Pest problems?
- Damaged foliage?
Is the landscape serving best needs for all users?
- Humans? Pets? Wildlife?
How is it looking?
- How are the aesthetics of the site. Is it consistent with the intent of the design?
- Individual elements? ie, the plants, water features and other design features, the hardscape and the mulch?
- Is there a need for re-design?
- Has the site had a Sustainable Landscape Audit performed?
– Terra Nova Landscape Management Team